Dartmouth College and our Campus Services division is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for HVAC and Plumbing.
Mechanical Engineer HVAC & Plumbing
Dartmouth College, Campus Services is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will participate in all aspects of day to day operations of the Dartmouth College engineering office. The position is supervised by the Director of Engineering and receives technical guidance from the Campus Mechanical Engineer. The FO&M engineering office strives to provide high quality engineering services for a wide range of projects and clients, including working with campus architects on in-house design and renovation projects, working with FO&M shops on system upgrades, improvements and replacements, assisting with design and analysis of energy conservation projects, and providing review and supervision of projects designed by outside consultants. The activities of the Mechanical Engineer may include design reviews, field investigations, document/archive search, HVAC and plumbing system design and layout, equipment selection and specification, drafting, code review, calculations including spreadsheet analyses and use of engineering software, writing HVAC control system sequences of operation, and construction administration services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in providing engineering design and administrative services for a variety of HVAC and plumbing system projects in over 100 buildings across campus. Projects include new installations and renovation/renewal projects in academic, administrative, utility and residential use facilities.
- Assists in the preparation of bid documents including equipment selection, system layout and design, drafting, and specifications.
- Assists with construction administration services including shop drawing review, attendance of job meetings, clarification of installation details with contractors in the field, review of As-Built documentation and archiving, and conducting field inspections with reports.
- Checks designs and installations for compliance with Dartmouth College standards and relevant building codes, including ASHRAE, NFPA, IBC, and local regulations and zoning.
- Manages internal projects including supervising work of consultants, contractors, and FO&M trades. Monitors construction budgets and schedules. Requests work orders and purchase orders, and approves payments to vendors and contractors.
- Acts as liaison between FO&M and various departments requesting service campus-wide. Attends project meetings. Answers questions and presents progress reports. Oversees project to successful completion and issues work orders as needed to complete various jobs.
- Works closely with FO&M shops on troubleshooting, providing technical insight, problem solving, designing, and implementing solutions for maintenance related projects.
- Two years or more of supervised mechanical design and drafting with an MEP consulting firm, or the equivalent.
- Two years or more of mechanical drafting experience using AutoCAD.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or architectural engineering technology, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please apply online at our job site, https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu refer to position #0170720
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.